- 1 large Pie Pumpkins, Buttercup or Butternut Squashes washed, cubed and seeded or 2 15 oz cans of Organic Pumpkin
- 1 Cortland Apples washed, peeled, cubed and seeded
- 1/2 Cup Milk or Milk of choice i.e. soy or hemp Milk
- 1 Cup Organic Apple Juice
- 1 Cup Vegetarian Stock
- Splash Shoyu or soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. Ginger minced
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sprinkle of Nutmeg
- Sour cream or Chives to top (optional)
Looking for a sweet and tangy, smooth and scrumptious apple pumpkin soup with just a hint of ginger to start your Thanksgiving dinner? This roasted apple pumpkin soup will fit the bill perfectly. We serviced this last year at Thanksgiving and everyone loved it!
- If using fresh pumpkin/squash , wash, cube and seed . Place on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Wash, peel, cube and seed the apple, and add them to the pumpkin; placing them in the 375 degree oven until fork tender—about forty minutes.
- Put the Milk, apple Juice and vegetarian stock in a large pot. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Remove the pumpkin/squash and apples from the oven. Remove the skin from the squash and add the roasted apple and pumpkin/squash or can pumpkin if not using fresh to the stock pot along with the ginger.
- Puree with in a blender and then return to large pot.
- Add seasonings.
- Cover and simmer for half an hour on low heat. Stirring frequently, add filtered Water if needed. Serve in bowls with slivered green onion or a spoonful of sour cream.