- In a Food Processor put:
- 2.5 pounds Firm Tofu
- 1 heaping Tbs. Eden Umeboshi Plum Paste
- 8 oz. Toasted Tahini
- 1 Cup Cooked Butternut Squash
- 1/2 Cup hot cooking liquid from the squash is best
- 2 Tbs. heaping "Ener-G" Egg Replacer
- Ground Cayenne Pepper to taste
- Scant 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- Szeged Hungarian Paprika
- Peel and cut 3 Cups Carrots Nituke
- 2 large Red Onions Nituke
An exceptional dairy-free quiche and a superb do-ahead delight for brunches, buffets and Sunday night suppers. These also freeze well, so make two and freeze one for unexpected guests.
Sauté carrot until tender in olive Oil along with 2 Tbs. Ground Coriander. Fold into the tofu mixture. Distribute evenly in the pie shells, piling the filling high. Sprinkle lightly with Szeged Hungarian Paprika and a dusting of Nutmeg. Bake at 350º for 45 minutes until firm and golden.
These can be prepared ahead of time and reheated without loss of flavor or texture. In fact, to ensure even attractive slices, it is best prepared ahead of time and reheated.
One Quiche feeds 8 people adequately.
For each two pies you will need: 2 prepared 11” pie shells, see pie crust recipes.