- ½ Small head of green or red cabbage (about 1 pound)
- 1 Cup Carrot and broccoli slaw strips or can make your own
- Or 2 Medium Carrots, graded
- ¾ Cups Raisins (optional)
- 4 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¼ Cup Vegan Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Plain Yogurt (for vegan coconut or soy)
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Agave or raw sugar
- ½ Teaspoon caraway or celery seeds
- Sea salt to taste
This coleslaw recipe calls for plain vegan yogurt but for fun can use lemon, lime or peach to add a bit of zest. If you use a flavored yogurt follow the below recipe except leave out the Dijon mustard and caraway or celery seeds. The dressing for the slaw is creamy and light. Even though there is a focus to make this dish vegan, dairy yogurt works the same.
- Wash carrots and cabbage.
- Slice cabbage in half and core, the core is great to eat as a cooks snack.
- Cut cabbage and carrots in thin slices and place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, place onion, vinegar, mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, agave or sugar, caraway seeds or celery seeds and mix well to combine all ingredients.
- Pour mixture over cabbage and carrots in the large bowl and mix well.
- Add sea salt taste.