- 1 cup Sorghum flour (aka jowar flour)
- 1 cup Gluten free all purpose baking flour (contains Garbanzo Beans flour, Potato Starch, Tapioca flour white sorghum flour, fava bean flour
- ½ cup quinoa flour
- ½ cup golden flaxseed meal (mix with ¼ cup water over very low heat)
- ½ - 1 ¼ teaspoons sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic, finely graded
- 1 teaspoon of each fresh or dry rosemary, thyme, oregano
- 1 packet rapid dry yeast
- 1¼ cups warm water (110 to 120F)
- 3 table spoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 table spoon honey, raw agave nectar or raw sugar
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 table spoons Ener-G egg Replacer whisked with 4 tablespoons water until frothy
Bread Machine Instructions
Run warm water in a bowl to heat the bowl. Combine dry yeast, I cup warm water, sweetener (honey, raw agave nectar or raw sugar) and salt in the warm bowl and let sit for about 5 minutes to activate the yeast.
Pour all wet ingredients (olive oil, yeast mixture, egg replacer mixture & lemon juice) into bread machine. use about 1/4 – 1/2 cup of flax seed meal replacing that much of called for flour. For best results mix the flax seed with about 1/4 cup water over heat then add to other liquid ingredients. Slowly pour mixed dry ingredients into the liquid. Set bread machine program for 1.5 loaf medium crust or gluten-free cycle if your machine has one or a rapid rise cycle. Check the dough after a few minutes and adjust dry to wet ratio with a tablespoon of flour or warm water if needed to bring to a bread dough consistency. Add herbs and garlic. Temperature will influence how much your bread will rise.
Old Fashion Kneading and Baking of Bread
Follow above instructions but place in a bowl and mix well.
Watch this bread kneading demo. In the video they only use a small amount of flour the mixture you have will need about a ¼ inch base of shifted flour that you pour the mixture into. Pour mixture in the middle of flour and follow kneading instructions.
Once you have a nice texture place in a warm bowl and let rise for about 1 hour. Punch in dough and then roll into a loaf. Place dough in a greased bread pan, cover top with some of the finely chopped garlic and herbs then let rise again for 30 minutes. Place in oven and back for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Let cool for 10 – 20 minutes before eating.