- 1 Veggie Tuna Roll or 1 package of Veggie Tuna Steaks
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Olive Oil
- Hand full of Tarragon, Basil, Thyme, Parsley Coarsely Chopped
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
Soy fish dishes are so easy to make and this dish is something you can make if you’re having a BBQ with friends. You can use any herbs you like; I made this dish with fresh tarragon, basil, thyme, parsley, garlic and lemon. The fresh grilled lemon adds an extra zing to the dish (herbs shown below)
The spicy green beans makes an excellent vegetable side dish that is very low in calories and rich in flavor. Above are ingredients used to make the “Herb Fish” dinner. The Veggie Tuna roll can be purchased in the frozen foods section of most Asian markets or some health food stores. Some Asian markets sell a package of two veggie tuna steaks but the roll is more common. I defrost the roll and break off the required amount of veggie tuna and refreeze what I don’t use. This was purchased at Ranch 99 an Asian chain market in California.
Preheat grill or oven to 350º
Note: use any type of veggie fish you can locate.
- Defrost Veggie Tuna Roll and break apart 2 pieces of Veggie Tuna for each person.
- Break up remaining pieces of Veggie Tuna Roll and place in Plastic bags and refreeze.
- Mix 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil for every 2 pieces of Veggie Tuna with juice of one lemon and evenly drizzle over Veggie Tuna
- Chop tarragon, basil, thyme, parsley, and garlic and evenly place on Veggie Tuna
- Grill or broil Veggie Tuna on medium heat for about 5 – 10 minutes on each side.