- Seeds from 1 Kabocha Squash
- Skin from 1 kabocha Squash
- 1 Tablespoon Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha Sauce (optional)
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper Powder (optional)
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder (optional)
- Sea Salt to Taste
When you make the Creamy Kabocha Soup, save the seeds and skins for this tasty and healthy snack.
- Wash seeds of 1 kabocha, separating the stringy meat from the seeds.
- Place the cleaned seeds and skins of Kabocha in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the tamari soy sauce, sriracha sauce, cayenne pepper, cinnamon and sea salt in the bowl with seeds and skin. Seeds and skins should be evenly covered but not swimming in sauce.
- Note: can modify ingredient according to desired spice level. The sriracha sauce and cayenne pepper can be very hot.
- Place in oven pre-heated to 350 and cook for about 10 – 15 minutes until lightly browned but not burnt. Check often as they go from brown to black very quickly. Or, roast in a frying pan lightly greased with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil. Stir constantly until lightly browned.