- 1 Cup Sprouted Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Sprouted Chews Nuts
- 1/3 Red Onion
- 1 Celery Stalk
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juiced
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoon Kelp
- 1 Teaspoon Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Sage
- 1 Teaspoon Rosemary
- 2 Tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Raw food is becoming more popular as people experience the benefits of this lifestyle. The number of vendors that make and sell raw foods at our local farmer’s market increased substantially over the past few years. This version of chicken salad is a recreation of one of the products one of the vendor sells.
This goes well on top of baby lettuce greens or red lettuce. Include any other raw veggies to make it more exciting. Sometimes, I split the tomatoes and serve the “Not Chicken Salad” on top of the split tomato.
- Put sunflower seeds in 2 cups of water soak for 12-15 hours, change water 2 – 3 times a day. After 1 – 2 days, simply keep in bowl just rinsing 2 – 3 times a day until sprouted. The root should be about ¼ size of seed.
- Put cashew nuts or desired kind in 1 cups of water soak for 12 – 20 hours, change water 2 – 3 times a day.
- In food process blend cashews nuts to a paste add a tbs of water if to dry
- Add sunflower seeds and blend but not too much
- Add everything from Onion thru Rosemary and blend
- Combine lettuce and other veggies for salad
- Cut tomatoes into quarters
- Place tomato on top of salad, add spoonful of Not chicken salad on top.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.