- 4 Large Sweet Potatoes
- ½ Cup Soy Milk or Hemp Milk
- 1 Tablespoon or 10 leafs sage
- Sea Salt to taste
Sweet potatoes are a healthier replacement for potatoes. 1 cup serving provides 65% of the minimum daily requirement of vitamin C! They are also high in calcium, foliate, potassium and beta-carotene which is an antioxidant which the body converts to Vitamin A. Known as the number on most nutritious vegetable because sweet potatoes are so nutritionally rich. They make a great side pureed or baked with a bit of maple syrup and cinnamon sprinkled over them.
- In a medium sized pan place sweet potatoes and cover with water
- Bring water to a boil and cook for 1 hour, make sure to check and add water if needed
- Peel skins off sweet potatoes and place into blender
- Pour soy or hemp milk over sweet potatoes
- Add sage and salt
- Mix in blender until creamy. May need to stop blender and stir a couple of times. If it’s just not blending can add small amounts of milk until it blends. Just be careful not to add to much milk or you’ll make soup.