- Mixed Baby Greens
- Wild Arugula (can substitute with Arugula)
- 1 Asian Pear Graded
- ½ Cup Pecan, Chopped
- Salad Dressing
- Olive Oil
- Fig or Thick balsamic vinaigrette
- Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
Early spring salads are best when the baby greens are tender and fresh. This sweet and tangy salad can be served with almost any entrée. Pecans provide a wealth of nutrition and are considered a healthy nut that’s nutritionally dense, high in fiber and loaded with minerals and vitamins. Even though pecans are high in fats, the fats are unsaturated fats which are considered healthier than saturated fats and may help to lower levels of LDL cholesterol.
- Wash mixed greens, wild arugula, Asian pear and pecans.
- Place the mixed baby greens and wild arugula in a medium sized bowl.
- Grade the Asian pear over the salad greens.
- Chop pecans and place on salad.
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top of salad.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.